Swimming Pool Information
|Located behind the Conservatory, Ellard's pool is reminiscent of the turn of the century swim facility complete with a large gazebo for escaping the sun or the perfect place to spot deer roaming the river along the Chattahoochee. A stone grotto provides showers and changing rooms, as well as a covered refuge perfect for poolside parties. Tables with umbrellas, chaise lounges, and a gas grill provide all the basics for fun in the sun.
Ellard Pool Rules & Regulations
- Dates of operation of the swimming pool will be determined by the Pool Committee.
- There is no lifeguard on duty.
- Children should never be left unattended.
- No diving is allowed.
- No running is allowed.
- No member is allowed in the pump room unless asked by the lifeguard or a member of the Pool Committee.
- During peak swimming hours, the only floatation items allowed will be water wings, inner tubes, or such personal devices used by small children.
- If you bring your own pool toys, please take them home with you when you leave the premises.
- Community toys should be stored in the container at the back of the covered area.
- Running, pushing, dunking, vulgar language, or similar behavior is prohibited in the pool area.
- Glass containers and chewing gum are prohibited in the pool area. Only beverages in non-breakable containers will be permitted. Please dispose of all trash and recycling in the trash cans provided.
- Music is provided by a music service with controls inside the women’s and men’s rest rooms. No personal radios or sound systems are allowed unless you are using headphones.
- Intoxicated persons will not be allowed in the pool area. Underage drinking is strictly prohibited.
- Smoking is prohibited within the fenced in area of the pool.
- Pets are not to be brought to the pool or into the pool enclosure.
- Proper swim attire must be worn in the pool to minimize problems caused by string, lint, etc. in the filtration system.
- Nylon swim diapers are required for babies and toddlers who are not potty trained. Disposable swim diapers are not leak-proof, and should not be worn without a water-proof nylon cover. Regular diapers and pull-ups are prohibited in either pool.
- Admission to the pool may be denied to anyone with colds, coughs, skin ailments, infections or any other malady that may be considered contagious.
- Members 18 years or older will have priority concerning use of the lounges and chairs. Please do not use towels are personal articles to reserve chairs if you are not in the pool area.
- Bikes, scooters, rollerblades, skateboards etc. are not to be used inside the pool facility and must be placed in designated areas only.
- All children 10 and under must be accompanied by a member or guest who is 14 years of age or older. This older person must provide careful supervision of the younger child.
- Guests must be accompanied at the pool by a member and are subject to all pool rules and regulations.
- Members under the age of 12 are permitted to bring only one guest at a time, unless supervised by an adult member who is 21 years of age or older.
Pool Party Policy
If you are interested in having a party at the pool, contact the Pool Chairperson for setting up the date and time at least two weeks prior to the requested party date. The pool will not be closed to regular members during any parties, regardless of date or time. Parties must be held in a designated area of the pool and a notice must be placed on the gate informing all members entering the pool area that a party is in progress. Party hosts are responsible for all set-up and clean-up. If party guests are under 15 years of age, adult chaperones (21 and older) must be present during the entire party. Plan to have at least one adult present for every 6 children. If there are more than 12 guests, you may be required to hire a certified lifeguard to be present for the duration of the party.